A Polypack Limited employee has died after being compressed by a running machine.
According to Limbe Police Deputy Publicist Widson Nhlane the incident happened at the Company’s factory, which is located at Maselema in Limbe.
The man was working as a general labourer at the factory and was on a night shift when he met his fate.
In the course of discharging his duties he noticed some materials burning from one of the running machines.
According to the police, the employee bent into the machine, and was compressed by the moving moulds, sustaining head injuries in the process.
He was rushed to Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital where he died while being treated.
A post-mortem conducted established that he died due to head injuries.
The police are since appealing to factory workers to be extra careful with the running machines when on duty.