Earlier this morning, fire started at one of the rooms of the building used as boys hostels, which saw five students injured when they tried to jump out from the third floor of the building in escape of the fire.
One of students who were trapped in building told Capital FM that the fire was induced by electrical sparks originated from naked live wires.
And a parent whose son was involved in the accident and rushed him to the Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital faulted the administration for not putting strong measures to ensure safety of the students at times of emergency.
Keza Building is located near the Chichiri shopping complex and was used to be owned by former president Bakili Muluzi before it was bought by Petroda (Malawi).
Muluzi had been tussling with Petroda over the ownership of the building.